This seems cool?
- 0-4 local multi-player minimalist 4x strategy game
- 9 maps to choose from plus a random daily map
- Rounds last between 2 to 10 seconds based on settings
- Capture bases, farmland, and factories to increase your income
- Capture all bases to win the game
- Use gold to buy units and improve your science
- Science improves your chance of winning battles
- Optional fog of war
Generic Pico-8 Controls:
- Toggle Fullscreen: Alt+Enter
- Reload/Run/Restart cart: Ctrl+R
- Mute/Unmute: Ctrl+M
- Player 1 defaults: Cursors + ZX / NM / CV
- Player 2 defaults: SDFE + WA
- Enter or P for pause menu (while running)
- Arrow keys to select option
- X to select option
- As per in game description
- Arrow keys to select direction/unit
- X to buy unit/select unit/clear path
- Z to upgrade science/return to base
- Very similar except in the virtual handset the O button represents the Z key
- You can use any game controllers recognized by SDL with PICO-8
The free-to-play browser version. Contains 9 pre-defined maps (5x5, 6x6, and 7x7) plus a randomly generated daily challenge.
The free-to-play downable versions for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Raspberry-Pi.
Purchasing the game will grant access to standalone downloads for Linux, Mac, Windows and Raspberry Pi. The premium version contains all the content from the free-to-play version, plus 13 more pre-defined maps (5x5, 6x6, 7x7, 8x8, and 9x9), and a random map generator for endless scenarios. Source code is not included.
|Updated||4 days ago|
|Tags||4X, Casual, Isometric, Minimalist, Multiplayer, PICO-8, Real time strategy, Short, web|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any), Joystick, Touchscreen, Smartphone, Playstation controller|
|Player count||1 - 4|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $1.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Nano 4x: Supremacy launchedJul 18, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I do feel like there was something missing from this (except music, still learning how to do good music). I had thought about unit types, possible research branches but most of those usually just mean bigger numbers when it comes to fight. Diplomacy is too big a concept, and ultimately you just end up fighting. So only bit there might be 2v2 style games.
Still wracking my brain what that missing element might be, if i figure it out I will add it to the game.
I have some vague plans, at some point in the future, to take the basic concepts of this and expand ot out to a civilization style game (though again, minimalist style).