Great project. Is the PICO-8 cart available somewhere?
BBC Micro:bit Games
A collection of simple games written in Python for the BBC Micro:bit.
Pico-8 is used to provide a browser-based emulation to give an example of the gameplay of the finished game. Your online experience may differ slightly from the downloaded games.
- Dungeon: Tilt turn, A/B move, get as far away as possible from the center. Move into monsters to fight them and leave, will take damage over time if not defeated.
- Tilt: Tilt move, keep the dot on screen for as long as possible
- Bomber: A/B fire, prevent buildings from reaching the top of the screen. Each bomb will destroy one floor of a building. Only one bomb allowed at a time.
- Hide: A/B hide, stalker will advance towards player showing their last position. While hidden the stalker will move randomly.
- Racer: A/B move, avoid being hit by another vehicle for as long as possible
- Drop: A/B move, avoid being pushed off the top of the screen for as long as possible
- Mouse to select game
- Arrow keys to tilt
- X or V to use A button
- Z or C to use B button
- Ctrl+M to turn off sounds
- Very similar except in the virtual handset the O button represents the Z key
- You can use any game controllers recognized by SDL with PICO-8
|Genre||Action, Platformer, Role Playing|
|Tags||Casual, html5, microbit, micro-rpg, Minimalist, python, sourcecode, web|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any), Joystick, Touchscreen, Accelerometer, Smartphone, Playstation controller|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, High-contrast, One button, Textless|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- BBC Micro:bit gamesJun 03, 2022
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
No, not at the present time. If I was to make it available anywhere it would be here under the paid-for source files. It wasn’t included as the code wasn’t exactly great, was just enough to mock something together so people knew what they were buying. If it’s of any interest I could include it in the source files.